Call for papers: Learning Tech #4
The theme for Learning Tech 4 is multimodality.
Multimodality in classrooms – designs for learning
Learning Tech is a peer-reviewed research journal about learning materials, designs for learning, and technology.
Learning Tech issue 4 focuses on multimodality in learning materials and designs for learning.
In recent years, the theories on multimodality have attracted interest and attention from researchers. The theories themselves are in constant development. Also, the application of the theories on multimodality in relation to development and analysis of designs for learning (including analysis of use of learning materials and praxis) has had momentum. Multimodality has been established as field of research and theory, and we see signs that the theories are now ready for critical reflection and further development.
With this issue of Learning Tech we wish to focus attention on and invite proposals for research papers about the following issues:
- What is the current status and the perspectives in the theoretical field, that can be termed the multimodal, and what are the perspectives in the multimodal research area for research in learning materials and designs for learning?
- Which trends can be found in the application or transformation of the multimodal in learning materials or designs for learning?
- Are the concepts and conceptual frameworks developed in relation to multimodality sufficient to grasp the current developments in multimodal learning materials and multimodal designs for learning?
- Which empirical, theoretical, or philosophical foundation can the theories on multimodality be linked to or founded on? Is theory on the multimodal ready to be inoculated with other traditions? For example, can theories on multimodality be linked to a concept of learning and progression, psychological theory, or epistemology?
- Which methodical or methodological approaches are relevant vis-à-vis bringing forth research in multimodality – including research that applies a multimodal take on learning materials and designs for learning?
Abstract submission deadline: April 1st 2018.
Learning Tech 4 is published September 1st 2018.
Please consult our guidelines for authors.
Questions can be sent to: